This article will explain all about Parts and how to use them within Inventory Hub.
Inventory Hub allows you to create Parts and Stock Records. A Part is essentially something that would exist in a catalog. It should be something that you order and reorder and something that you want to carry stock of. Stock Records represent a unique instance of a Part at a given location, condition, status, and price.
- Part Number, Description, Alt. Part Numbers, and Model Number are all indexed and searchable. Use these fields to name your parts descriptively for ease of finding them.
- Alt. Parts must exist in your parts catalog before you can reference them as an alternate.
- Units of Measure will apply to all stock records for the given part. If you stock the same part as different units, you will need to create multiple parts in your catalog and reference each as alternates to the other.
- Serialized will enforce additional rules on your stock records, including requiring a serial number and limiting quantity to no more than 1.
- Labels can be added to your parts to build out comprehensive categorization. You can add as many labels to a part as you desire.
- Min / Max Levels
- You can create a min/max level for each of your Inventory Locations which will then alert when airworthy quantities fall out of range
- The min must be less than the max
Article is closed for comments.