Subscriptions allow you to automatically bill for memberships on a recurring basis. You add and manage subscriptions by member. You can also indicate how subscriptions handle past due or cancelled memberships.
Adding a Subscription
- Go to Billing >Subscriptions > New Subscription.
- Select the Customer.
- Select the Membership from the drop down list.
- Select whether to start the subscription and collect payment immediately OR start subscription, but don't collect first payment until later.
- For an immediate payment collection, if the member has a payment method on file, select it. Add new Credit Card is also an option. For a new card, enter the Card information and Billing information.
- For a membership for which you will collect payment later, enter the First Payment Date. You can leave the Payment Method as none for now or Add new Credit Card Information. If you leave it as none, the subscription will move to a Past Due Status when it renews, unless valid payment information has been entered for the member before then.
- Select Save.
- Use the filter options at the top of the Billing>Subscriptions page to narrow down the list of subscribers. You can search for a specific member, see members by membership type, or see members by subscription status.
- The Actions button next to each subscriber's name and subscription details allow you to view, retry, update payment method, reactivate or cancel a member's subscription.
Manage Subscription Settings
Subscription settings indicate how past due or cancelled memberships are handled.
To manage subscription settings:
- Go to Billing > Subscriptions > Settings.
- If you want to inactivate members when their subscriptions are past due, select Yes next to Inactivate Member. This does not apply for users with a role of administrator.
- To automatically assign a member with a past due subscription a new role, select the role from the Assign to Role drop down list.
- If you want to inactivate members when their subscriptions have been cancelled, select Yes next to Inactivate Member. This odes not apply for users with a role of administrator.
- To automatically assign a member with a cancelled subscription to a new role, select the role from the Assign to Role drop down list
Article is closed for comments.