This article discusses additional features included with the Advanced Reporting Add-on
Using a Formula
You can create formulas to include calculations in your analysis grid.
To create a formula:
- Enter the Name for the column that will display the results of your formula.
- You can include an existing formula by selecting it from the Formula drop down list. Select Formula Help to see more details about existing formulas.
- Select an item to include in the formula from the Insert a Column drop down list.
- Select an Operator to include in the formula from the Operator drop down list.
- Include additional items to include in the formula from the Insert a Column drop down list.
- Select the Data Type from the drop down list.
- Select the Display Format from the drop down list.
- Select Add. A line will be added to show the formula that has been applied. This formula can be removed by selecting the trash can icon next to the formula line. A new column is also added to the right of the table. The blue border line above the table indicates the original columns and does not extend over any formula columns.
Select the Formula tab again to hide the formula information.
Adding a Chart
You can create a visual representation of your analysis by adding charts. Charts can easily be shared with others or added to a dashboard.
To add a chart:
- Select the Add Chart tab.
- Select the Type of chart you want to create by selecting one of the following tabs:
- The type of information requested in your chart varies, based on the type of chart you selected. However, the chart generally requires you to select one or more of your analysis grid columns to include, plus any additional sorting or formatting options.
- Select OK. The chart displays below your chart selections.
To delete a chart, select the trash can icon at the top of the chart selections.
Adding a Crosstab
For any data set you have used to create an analysis grid, you can use any column header to create a crosstab of the data set to change how you view the information.
Depending on the type of information in the column you select, you can see the following types of aggregate information:
- Sum totals
- Standard deviation
- Distinct count
To create a crosstab:
- Select the column header for the type of information you want to compare.
- Select Add Crosstab.
The Crosstab tab opens so that you can provide additional information. There are three different columns being compared in a crosstab. The column you selected is shown as the Header Values column. You’ll need to select the other two.
- Select the Label Values column from the drop down list.
- Select the Aggregate Values column from the drop down list.
- Select the Aggregate function from the drop down list.
- To show Summary information, select the Summary Function from the drop down list and select the location (top or bottom) the summary information will be shown.
- Check the Compare Label columns box to include comparison information (including colors).
- Select OK.
Adding to the Visual Library
To create a stand-alone visual:
- Create or edit an analysis grid or a chart.
- Select Add to Visual Library.
- Enter the Title for the item.
- Enter a Description to provide additional information about the table or chart.