Adding locations is optional. If you plan to set up locations it's recommended that you do so prior to adding aircraft or users.
Once you've added more than one location:
- You can assign each aircraft to a location
- Each Instructor can be listed as available to be scheduled at one or more locations
- Each user can be granted access to one or more locations
Should I set up locations?
You might consider having multiple locations within one Flight Schedule Pro company if:
- You're expecting a lot of users and majority of users will need access to resources at both "Location A" and "Location B"
- You'd prefer to maintain a shared database and unified reporting for both locations
- You want to maintain a single profile for members, customers, clients (reservations, documentation, memberships, aircraft checkouts, etc.)
Instead of adding multiple locations within a single company on Flight Schedule Pro, you might consider creating a new Flight Schedule Pro company for each "location" if:
- You are trying to manage separate operational business units
- You'd prefer or are ok with maintaining separate data and reports for these units
Note: Flight Schedule Pro supports single sign-on. Switching from one company to another is as easy as clicking your name at the top right > My Companies.
Add a Location
To add a location, go to Settings > Company > Locations
Click Add to create a new location.
Weather in Flight Schedule Pro
Flight Schedule Pro has the ability to display current METAR information on the schedule. To enable this display, each location must be associated with an ICAO identifier. If your airport does not have an ICAO identifier the nearest reporting airport can be entered instead. Using the nearest airport will not affect the name or other functionality of the location, it will simply enable weather information to be displayed.
Important steps after adding location(s):
- We'll automatically grant you access to new locations you create. However, you may want to verify which location(s) you have access to (see below).
- Edit each aircraft and assign it to a location (Aircraft > Select an Aircraft > Edit Aircraft)
- Edit each Instructor and set which location's they are available to be scheduled at (Instructors > Select Instructor > Edit Instructor)
- Give users access to locations (see below)
Verify which location(s) you have access to
1. Go to Home > My Profile > Account Settings
2. Select Online Access from the drop-down menu (see image below)
3. If you want to add a location, click on the Location box to add locations.
Default Location: Optionally select a default location so while you're scheduling the system will auto-select this location.
Give users access to locations
By default, user's won't have access to resources at any new locations you create. You'll need to grant them access.
How do I give users access to locations?
- You can do so when you are adding or approving users (See article "Add, Invite, and Approve users")
- You can give an existing user access to location(s) by editing their Online Access (see below)
Add or remove an existing user's access to location(s):
- Go to People on the left-hand menu
- Click "View" for the user you want to edit
- Go to "Account Settings" from the user's profile
- Select Online Access
- Click on the Location box to add or remove locations
Default location: Optionally set a default locations for this user so when they are scheduling the system will auto-select this location.
Article is closed for comments.