Students, instructors, and administrators can view a timeline of a student’s progress within a course by navigating to the student’s course overview and accessing the Timeline tab.
In order to view a timeline of student progress, a progress profile must be added to the student’s course enrollment. See Set Up Progress Profiles for more information about setting up progress profiles.
Step by Step
To view a timeline of student progress within a course, complete these steps:
- Navigate to the student’s Course Overview in one of the following ways:
Click the View button for a course on the Students page.
Click the View button for a course on a student’s Course Enrollments page.
Click the View button for a course on a student’s My Training page.
- Click the Timeline tab. A list of all days since the date of the student’s first logged session for the course is displayed. Each date contains detail about training events completed on that date.
- If a training session was logged on the date, then the name of the included lesson is displayed.
- If the lesson was completed and passed, then Yes is displayed. If the lesson was not completed or was failed, then No is displayed.
- An indicator as to whether or not the date was an available training day is displayed.
- No is displayed only if the day fell on a scheduled closing or if a reservation was canceled that day, the cancellation reason was non-controllable, and “Non-Controllable Cancel is Available Training Day” is set to Off for the progress profile.
- The variance from the student’s actual completed lessons and course minimums to date compared to what they are expected to have completed by that date is displayed. These expectations are defined by the progress profile.
- The student’s progress status for the date is displayed. These statuses are defined by the progress profile.
- A student is considered Behind for the day if the completed number of lessons or course minimums is below what is expected to have been completed by that date.
A student is considered Ahead if the completed number of lessons or course minimums is ahead of what is expected to have been completed by that date, and if neither lessons nor any course minimums is behind or at risk.
A student is considered On Track if everything is completed as expected by that date.
A student is considered At Risk if the completed number of lessons or course minimums is at risk of falling behind but they are not yet considered behind.
- A student’s course overview can be accessed only by the following users:
- The student
- The student’s instructors for the course
- Users with the permission View All Student Enrollments